Guild Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[DENIED] Aeiownyou - Arcane Mage

+5
icelordd
Gunslingr
Precisely
rixxadin
Aeiownyou
9 posters

Go down

[DENIED] Aeiownyou - Arcane Mage Empty [DENIED] Aeiownyou - Arcane Mage

Post  Aeiownyou Tue 28 Sep 2010, 11:36 am

Section 1: Your Character
Character Name: Aeiownyou
Spec: ArcaneCurrent Realm: Queldorei
Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Quel%27dorei&cn=Aeiownyou

What are your professions and why did you choose them?:
Enchanting/Engineering Enchanting for the Spellpower to Rings, Engineering for Haste to Gloves which is currently OP in my opinion.

Are you willing to respec for the benefit of the raid if/when needed?:
Absolutely, I have the gear to go Fire DPS if needed

How do you prioritize your gear choices and why? (whats stats are highest priority – hit/agi/sp/etc):
Hit/Crit/Haste - Currently meet hit cap, and am over 1100 Haste so at this time, upgrades would be more crit

Section 2: Your Play Style
Tell us something about your class strengths and weakness. :
I stay current on encounters, my class, theorycrafting, as well as other classes to know what composition of raids suits toward my advantages best.

What is your shot/spell/heal/special rotation? (Just give us an idea of how you play your class):
Prepot (Dont tell anyone Razz), Mirror images, Arcane Power, Icy Veins, Hyperspeed Accelerators, this gives me a self buffed 1 second arcane blast with all my potential dmg inc CD's up, i use this at the beginning of a fight so that it will all again be available toward the end (Except on certain fights where situational burst dmg outweighs overall dmg done). A mages rotation is pretty easy, Arcane Blast four times, Arcane missiles, use Arcane Barrage on movement situations then rinse and repeat.

How well do you respond to criticism? (This includes being scolded for making silly mistakes, Remorse asking if you're retarded for standing in fire, and the melee asking wtf you were thinking when you leg humped that priest with your Slime):
I take criticism in stride, i'm not perfect, nor is anyone, I just strive to never make the same mistake twice.

DPS: Link a, or several parses (NOTE: A parse is not a statement by you of your dps. It's a link to a WWS, WoL, etc. page that shows it. If your previous guild did not run parses, we suggest that you upload one yourself. If you do not know what a parse is, we probably aren't the guild for you, however, Google is your friend.):
Unfortunately I don't have any saved parses. But i can say with fair certainty that i'm the second highest mage dps on the server.

What, if any, theory crafting resources do you use? Ie, where do you obtain the information you use to stay up to date on how to min/max your class? List websites, forums, etc. :
Elitist Jerks, L2DPS, and My Calculator.

Please include a screen shot of your raid UI with raid frames (www.photobucket.com is a great place to host images, just create an account, upload your picture and paste the [img] line that photobucket will provide for you when you select that picture into this section) In addition please list your most common key binds as they can be difficult to see. :
Keybound Spells: Arcane Blast, Arcane Barrage, Arcane Missiles, Cooldown Macro 1, Cooldown Macro 2, Evocate, Polymorph, Spellsteal, Blink, Iceblock, Mana Sapphire, Nitro Boots, Blizzard, Flamestrike Rank 9, Flamestrike Rank 8, Assist Focus Target macro, and probably more that i'm forgetting (wow's down currently).
[DENIED] Aeiownyou - Arcane Mage Nd6kvr

Section 3: Your Availability
Raid times are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8pm-12am server. Can you make these days and times with at least 90% attendance? Include any schedule conflicts.:
After this week i can, i have commitments for tuesday and wednesday of this week.

Anything you do outside of raids that will stop you from showing up (Work, school, etc):
No Conflicts of Schedule.

Section 4: Your Experience
Raid Experience in WotLK 10/25 man (please note if it is on a different character than the one you are applying on):
12/12 10m ICC, 8/12 10m HICC, 10/12 25m ICC. Malygos 10/25, OS3D and non 3D 10/25.(Other toon, Full clear Naxx 10/25)

Raid Experience in BC and/or Pre-BC:
None, Started during Wrath.

Previous Guild(s):
Animosity

Reasons for Leaving:
No Progression, i'm being held back and want to down some harder encounters in ICC while its still content.

Section 5: Your Computer & Connection
What type of computer do you have? (i.e. Are you going to be useless the second AOE begins?):
My computer is an HP running Windows Vista, Some expensive Graphics card and Ram. (I dont know much about computers but i know that i dont lag in ICC on any encounter).

Do you have a reliable internet connection? Are you prone to DCing or lagging during raids?:
18m Fiber Optic connection, if I D/C usually everyone in the game has D/C'd.

Do you have an Authenticator? If not, are you willing to purchase one before joining Death Group?:
Yes i do

Are you willing to download required addons such as Loot Council from Curse.com?:
Absolutely

Do you have an understanding of the Loot Council system we use?:
Yes, you don't reward people for standing in fire.

We do not recruit for the bench, however there will be times when raiders will be asked to sit to rotate others in, will this be a problem for you?
Not a problem at all.

Section 6: You (Yes, the real one)
How old are you?

Why do you want to join Death Group?:
Progression, Commradery, and Blowing stuff up with a good group of people.

Do you know anyone in Death Group currently, and if so, who?:
I've had whispers with Nukacola in the past, nothing notable but he might remember my name.

What makes you special or sets you apart over other applicants? In short, why should we recruit you? (Note: "I do good DPS" is not anything especially special):
"I do good DPS" while doing my job and doing it well, i'm a team raider, at the end of an encounter it matters not that a person pulled a high amount of damage, all that matters is that as a team the boss was killed and as a team we can move on to the next one. I have 3 raid ready 80's on this server so I can spot fill for other peoples absences if necessary, i'm willing to listen and learn from Death Group as not every Guild runs raids the same way. I come prepared to every raid bringing my own flasks, potions and food. I'm always willing to do what is necessary for the guild as a whole whether it be sitting out, playing an alt, or making flasks for the guild bank, at the end of the day world of warcraft is a social environment game and i want to enjoy the people i'm raiding with, hopefully, it will be you guys =P.

Anything else we should know about you?:
I have a 2 year old son named Nathan who is my life, you should know that WoW is a distant second to him. My mother was recently diagnosed with stage 4 Cancer of the throat, she had a very successful surgery to remove the cancerous cells so i am thrilled at this time, I waited until after her cancer was "Officially" in remission before apping because I was taking care of her 6 days a week so my raid attendance would have been terrible and my attitude would have been the same. Now that we know she's cancer free, I may possibly be the happiest person on the planet.

We do not recruit for the bench, however there will be times when raiders will be asked to sit to rotate others in, will this be a problem for you?.
Not at all

Dithrica
Admin

Aeiownyou
Aeiownyou

Back to top Go down

[DENIED] Aeiownyou - Arcane Mage Empty Re: [DENIED] Aeiownyou - Arcane Mage

Post  rixxadin Tue 28 Sep 2010, 12:07 pm

Do you go balls out AOE as soon as a pack is pulled then QQ when you are getting attacked ?

Do you talk about chips and salsa in vent ?

Once you go troll you never re-roll?

If you said no, no , yes then I'm happy cheers

"Unfortunately I don't have any saved parses. But i can say with fair certainty that i'm the second highest mage dps on the server." That's a bold statement.

rixxadin
rixxadin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aeiownyou Tue 28 Sep 2010, 12:16 pm

rixxadin wrote:Do you go balls out AOE as soon as a pack is pulled then QQ when you are getting attacked ?
I go balls out as soon its safe, since my main was a tank for quite some time i know how long it takes for an aoe pull to be safe - so No

Do you talk about chips and salsa in vent ?
Not sure where this is going, AUTOREPLYNO=TRUE

Once you go troll you never re-roll?
Trolls are boss, i would never re-roll

If you said no, no , yes then I'm happy cheers

"Unfortunately I don't have any saved parses. But i can say with fair certainty that i'm the second highest mage dps on the server." That's a bold statement.
Its not a bold statement when i know i can support it in game Very Happy

Aeiownyou
Aeiownyou

Back to top Go down

Post  Precisely Tue 28 Sep 2010, 12:48 pm

1. The SS of your UI is horrible. I don't want to see half of your screen. I want to see what your screen looks like in a raiding environment so I can see if your recount is so big you can't see the green stuff on the ground. I wanna see your raid frames.

2. You have no parse for us to see, and if we were in desperate need of a mage that could be looked past. We currently have mages so your only shot would be to show us how amazing you are by us seeing logs of you doing nice damage while taking little unnecessary damage. All that aside, it takes no effort to go sit on a target dummy, do 500k+ damage and post a SS of that to show us what you can do past just popping your cd's. You could run VoA, and easily get a SS of your damage once the boss is dead. Let me assure you that we have some good mages and claiming to be the 2nd highest mage dps on the server is some pretty big shoes to fill.

Long story short, we don't need another mage. If you can show me somehow you are an exceptional player we can talk more. If not best of luck in your search for a guild.

Precisely
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aeiownyou Tue 28 Sep 2010, 1:02 pm

What can i say, I know my abilities as a raider, I'm always top dmg done and always lowest dmg taken, most (and fastest) poly's on LDW, most dmg to Blood beasts on saurfang and often out dmg melee on saurfang, Ive pulled upwards of 16k on Festergut (Granted not on Heroic), 14k is typical on Rotface, 12k on Putricide with most damage done to oozes, I can solo a Blazing Skele (Again non heroic) before lay waste is cast, 24k DPS on Blood Queen, 12k on Sindragosa with top damage to ice tombs in Phase 2 and Least Dmg taken from all incoming sources (mages get to cheat on Blistering Cold), I'm always top damage on Lich King with my defiles being so far out of the raid that they couldn't tick on someone if they tried as well as top damage done on Valk's and Vile Spirits. There are people accross this server that will attest to my abilities as a raider and im certain i would be an asset to your guild. If you're not willing to take me on that i will set up a world of logs account and submit a full raids worth of parses next time i do ICC 25, however, Nobody can prejudge the abilities of a raider, it all comes down to cooperation within a raid setting so i urge you to allow me an opportunity to raid with you guys and assure you it will not be a regrettable decision.
Aeiownyou
Aeiownyou

Back to top Go down

Post  Gunslingr Tue 28 Sep 2010, 1:17 pm

some advice. post a new screenshot where your UI is actually visable. you need a parse. we have 2 of the 3 top geared mages on the server in our raid, your number claims dont mean much unless its apparent you can compete with them, and for that we'd need to see a parse.

on another note, doesn't thatch scare the shit out of you? i commend you for raiding in that kind of environment cheers
Gunslingr
Gunslingr

Back to top Go down

Post  Aeiownyou Tue 28 Sep 2010, 1:20 pm

Im currently Thatch's longest running Senior Officer, and nah he doesn't scare me. The raid environment is pretty bad but you get used to it. I'll try to do a VoA 25 or something today and get something to you guys tangible, i totally understand where you're coming from, but parses have never been my thing. My Raid UI is very similar to the SS I Submited, but again i will submit a new one whildst in a raid setting. As for Recount clouding my vision Precisely, I typically close recount while in combat, those numbers don't mean anything during a fight especially if it is a kill attempt. If/when we wipe, i then check recount to see who wasn't pulling their weight and where i myself could improve for that particular encounter.
Aeiownyou
Aeiownyou

Back to top Go down

Post  Aeiownyou Tue 28 Sep 2010, 2:20 pm

Raid UI During Boss Encounter
https://2img.net/h/oi51.tinypic.com/huop43.jpg

Damage Done, Boss and Orbs
https://2img.net/h/oi51.tinypic.com/eg7p7t.jpg
Aeiownyou
Aeiownyou

Back to top Go down

[DENIED] Aeiownyou - Arcane Mage Empty lol

Post  icelordd Tue 28 Sep 2010, 5:11 pm

you are definately not the 2nd highest dps mage on server sorry to burst your bubble

icelordd

Back to top Go down

Post  Aeiownyou Tue 28 Sep 2010, 5:26 pm

icelordd wrote:you are definately not the 2nd highest dps mage on server sorry to burst your bubble

Well looking at your gear, which does have slightly more stats overall than mine, and then you're gemming choices which aren't right, and the fact that you're undead vs Troll with Berserking, I would say i could out dps you...
Aeiownyou
Aeiownyou

Back to top Go down

Post  Imoldgregg Tue 28 Sep 2010, 6:07 pm

Aeiownyou wrote:
icelordd wrote:you are definately not the 2nd highest dps mage on server sorry to burst your bubble

Well looking at your gear, which does have slightly more stats overall than mine, and then you're gemming choices which aren't right, and the fact that you're undead vs Troll with Berserking, I would say i could out dps you...
Who is the highest mage dps on the server? I say this because there are three right now that stay about even on all of the fights and alternate the position of "best mage on the server" just in our own raids. Applying to our guild and then saying that you can match that is a very bold statement. =P

I personally want to see it happen.
Imoldgregg
Imoldgregg

Back to top Go down

Post  Aeiownyou Tue 28 Sep 2010, 6:23 pm

Banneth is top dps mage at this time, of course he is fire dps and i haven't had the opportunity to go fire since if a raid only consists of 1 mage it's necessary that that 1 mage be arcane, if 2 are present, 1 can be fire dps which at this current patch is higher damage than arcane.
Aeiownyou
Aeiownyou

Back to top Go down

Post  Aeiownyou Tue 28 Sep 2010, 7:27 pm

Aeiownyou wrote:

This sounded rude, and i wanted to make sure it wasn't taken that way, i should proof these posts before hitting submit. I want you guys to know that i have a competative mentality and thats all i meant by that. I want to be the best i can be, but if i get in and you do out dps me then i will have something to strive for.
Aeiownyou
Aeiownyou

Back to top Go down

Post  Imoldgregg Tue 28 Sep 2010, 7:35 pm

Aeiownyou wrote:Banneth is top dps mage at this time, of course he is fire dps and i haven't had the opportunity to go fire since if a raid only consists of 1 mage it's necessary that that 1 mage be arcane, if 2 are present, 1 can be fire dps which at this current patch is higher damage than arcane.
The +3% damage buff provided by an Arcane Mage is also given by a Retribution Paladin, so both Mages may play Fire. Fire equally competes with Arcane on most fights, though is much slower in burst DPS. It really depends on RNG and the mechanics of the fight itself.

And just to say, Banneth is the best geared Mage on the server. His spot as "the best damaging mage" on the server is all dependent on parses. Find those and bring them to me so I can look at them and cry after comparing them to our own.

Also by specifying that Banneth is the best DPS mage on the server as well as yourself 2nd is going so far as to say that your damage is better than the damage put out by Death Group's mages... I'd really love to see it happen.
Imoldgregg
Imoldgregg

Back to top Go down

Post  Aeiownyou Tue 28 Sep 2010, 7:37 pm

Imoldgregg wrote:... I'd really love to see it happen.

I'd really love to show it.
Aeiownyou
Aeiownyou

Back to top Go down

Post  Neuro Tue 28 Sep 2010, 8:09 pm

posting now so I can troll this guy later

Neuro

Back to top Go down

Post  Durandal Tue 28 Sep 2010, 8:30 pm

is this a joke?

-dur, the best lock on the server
Durandal
Durandal

Back to top Go down

Post  Khomatik Tue 28 Sep 2010, 9:10 pm

Good luck with your app. I am just a social but I thought Id suggest that you may want to streamline your ui. (My ui is always revolving. I use the razor naga, so my keys are 1-12 and alt 1-12. I just choose not to show ugly numbers. )

[DENIED] Aeiownyou - Arcane Mage Wowscrnshot092810215447

Full size w/o being cut off.

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/f/wowscrnshot092810215734.jpg/

Khomatik

Back to top Go down

Post  Aeiownyou Wed 29 Sep 2010, 1:01 am

Durandal wrote:is this a joke?
[/b]
No
Aeiownyou
Aeiownyou

Back to top Go down

Post  Precisely Wed 29 Sep 2010, 1:16 am

Thanks for taking the time to apply. We are gonna pass at this time because we just don't have room for another mage. Best of luck in your search for a guild.

Precisely
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down